domingo, 19 de septiembre de 2010

The city that never sleeps....

New York is just incredible. The energy of this city, its vibrancy, its beat, is unbelievable. It has a rhythm of its own. And a life of its own.

NY feels like a living creature--breathing, slowly moving or spinning around in frenzy.

There is no place that compares to NY. There are places that are stunning, unforgettable, breath-taking. Places that leave a mark on your skin, within your soul. But the city that never sleeps does more than that. There is just nothing like it.

When I was a teenager, wanting to study hotel management, I wrote in an essay that I would be the manager of the Waldorf Astoria. Today I went to the W.A., to an MDG-related brunch. I took in the surroundings, the luxury, the pedantic bell boys, the golden mirrors... And I felt happy about having kissed good-bye that dream a long, long time ago.

No hay comentarios: