jueves, 20 de mayo de 2010

Back twelve years in time...

...that is how it felt like to spend five days with Betsy, Mike, Oscar and Vanessa. Of course, twelve years ago Vanessa was not part of the Three Musketeers, now the Fantastic Four, and Oscar was not even a thought. There are things that change, and things that never change. And this friendship belongs to the latter, I guess.

Many people know that the year at Peace House marked a before and after in my life. It allowed me to develop what I wanted to be, by shedding layers and layers of ideas that others had projected onto me, and that I had internalized. Betsy and Mike were key to this process. They made me strong. They made me enjoy being alive. They enabled me to walk into a dark room, draw the curtains, and let the sun shine.

And twelve years later it still feels exactly the same. I feel privileged for having you in my life.

2 comentarios:

Waldo dijo...

:-)

Betsy dijo...

I love you Sunflower.