sábado, 20 de marzo de 2010

The sun always shines on TV...

...and in Washington DC! I can hardly believe it! Less than two months ago I was stranded here, in meters of snow, and today it is beautiful out there!

I read this great book last week, which the chicken recommended, called "The Philosopher and the Wolf" (Mark Rowlands). There is no big question mark about the main subjects of the story, since both of them appear in the title. While the story is compelling on its own, and beautifully written, the essence of the book is a philosophical reflection about life, death and the role of human beings and other animals.

After several courses on political philosophy during my studies, I never thought that I could find philosophy this attractive and convincing. This is one of the books that I will keep reading at different moments, and I suspect that it will give me something new to think about each time. I am on the road again, and did not bring it with me. But I will pick up this trail once I am back, to get some thought provoking quotes into the Cosmic Mouse Report.

No hay comentarios: